Twas’ the night before having to drop off my kid to preschool and I found myself playing around in my lipstick drawer like we all do, so I decided to group together some of the recent colors I’ve been wearing and a few I intend to wear throughout the rest of the season. Was that just a run-on sentence I wrote? Ok, here we go.
1. MAC Verve Lipstick. MAC’s Verve is one of their original first lipstick shades created. This is the 90’s shade on trend right now moreso than infamous Kylie Jenner’s MAC Soar Lip Pencil obsession. No really, research it and you’ll find out that this is the exact shade girls on the runway were wearing in the 90’s. It’s a beauty and I owned this way before this trend came back because blotted its very classy and gentle. I’ve been through several of these tubes.
Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb
2. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb. Rhubarb plays musical chairs with both the berry and red color family. Which is EXACTLY why I love it. I don’t necessarily love to dive head first into cool toned berries (I’m warm skin toned) for fall and winter so this is a great happy-medium. I do wear a balm or primer under it as I find the Bite Beauty pencil formulas to be very drying, I don’t love the formula.
Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry
3. Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry. I ADORE the feeling of the Clinique Chubby Stick balms. This is again, a warmer berry/pink and perfect for the winter. Not only is the color good, the feeling is AWESOME. Opacity is less than ideal and I’m sure there isn’t a tremendous difference in shade change among each other but for a quick pretty little pick-me-up, she’s the girl for you.
MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight
4. MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight. MAC Deelight is my favorite gloss of all time. It’s a basic warm/neutral rose that’s comfortable, non-sticky and always chill-laxin’ in my purse.
MAC Styled in Sepia
5. MAC Styled in Sepia. Ok, so this isn’t necessarily a color you’ll find sittin’ around in everyone’s makeup Caboodle. This is one of those trend colors this year and it’s kinda fun to play with. For me though, I must mix it with other color to make it look less rudey but it really can be gorgeous in the right combination.
Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Cava
6. Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Cava. This is hands down my favorite lip product. I have been through two of these now since I initially bought it after the Youtube rave a couple months ago. It tastes very pleasant, is moisturizing and a no-mirror lipstick. It’s a cool toned nude in the tube but adjusts to your lips natural lip tone as its semi-opaque. I can’t pull off cool toned colors being as severely pale-warm (NC10) as I am.
MAC Woodrose Lipstick
7. MAC Woodrose Lipstick. Woodrose is B-E-A-utiful! It’s simple, easy and an everyday shade. There isn’t a lot to say about it and though it is limited edition I can tell you that MAC’s High Tea is an excellent dupe.